Municipality Szabadi rests between Kaposvár (21 km) and Dombóvár (10 km) along the National road No. 61, in the area of the Kapos valley with favourable agricultural conditions. Its name first emerges in the Papal tax record of 1332-37. It is an estate of Batthyány family in 1715, of Schmidegg and Batthyány families from 1835. Significant decrease of population started in the 1970s when agriculture was not able any more to provide for families. Thus many people found jobs in industry, construction industry and service sector, mainly in the cities nearby. 128 residential buildings settled in three streets. There is the running water in each house. The local council finances the community centre and the library.
Simonfa Község Önkormányzata
Address: 7474 Simonfa, Ady E u. 1.
Phone: 06 82/ 510-917