It is situated on the northern border of the Nothern Zselic area and stretches on the mild slopes of this hilly terrain. This dead-end village is placed between Kaposvár and Dombóvár, 18 km from each. Its train stop and post office are in Baté. The village is mentioned for the first time in 1328 in diplomas naming it Szent-Kereszt as an estate of the Pannonhalma Abbey. This estate was won by the abbé of Szenjtakab and the Dersffy family as a substitute but in 1364 it was given back to the Pannonhalma Abbey. In the Middle Ages it belonged to the Tolna county. In 1715 the village counted only 7 households and at that time it is an estate of István Jankovics. Between 1769 and 1776 several people possessed it. In 1776 the whole village became a property of count Niczky. In 1843 almost the whole municipality burnt down.
In Rákópuszta, which belongs to Kaposkeresztúr hidden in the wonderful green surrounding we find the Csodaszarvas (the miraculous stag) Guest House. It offers the hunters and those who just wish to relax a wide range of programmes.
Address: 7259 Kaposkeresztúr, Szabadság tér 1.
Phone: 82/ 376-319