It is situated 15 km eastwards from Kaposvár, in the vicinity of the main road No. 61, at the dead end of an access road. The climate and the terrain configuration are optimal for fruit growing and viticulture: beside the local population, many dwellers of Kaposvár and Taszár cultivate significant territories for their gardens. The closest railway stop is Taszár. Advantageous bus service links the village to the traffic system. First written appearance of the village is dated 1332 as Humek, Homak or Hunak. From 1807 it is a possession of the Order of Pious Teachers. The first school in the village was built by the Catholics.
Address: 7261 Kaposhomok, Kossuth u. 2.